How do I setup multi-factor authentication (MFA) on my Verve Super account?
Last updated on
As of 7 November 2023, all Verve Super members will need to use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to log in to their accounts. This will provide an extra layer of security for your Verve Super account.
This means that if you are logging in, you will need to register again (even if you’ve logged in before). You will also need to download the Microsoft Authenticator app (see below for instructions on how to do this).
- Click on the button below to start the registration process.
- On the member portal login page, click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Verify your email address by:
- Entering the email address you provided when signing up to Verve and click on ‘Send Verification Code’.
- Entering the verification code emailed to you and click on ‘Verify Code’.
- Set a new password for your account:
- Enter your desired password and click on ‘Create’.
- Set up multi-factor authentication to make your account more secure:
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone from Google Play (for Android) or the App Store (for iPhone).
- Scan the QR code on your screen using the Microsoft Authenticator app and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code from the Authenticator app, select your Verve Super account and click the ‘Verify’ button to complete your Member Portal registration and access your account.
Congratulations, you have now successfully registered to use your account!
A few notes for next time:
- You will just need to use your email address, new password and a verification code from your Microsoft Authenticator app!
- If you forget your password at any time, simply click on the ‘Forgot your password’ link on the login page and follow the instructions to reset your password.
If you have any trouble with the registration process please contact us via phone on 1300 799 482 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t login to your account? Check out the FAQs below to help troubleshoot
1. I’m already a member with Verve Super, but when I try to register, it says I’m not registered with you. Why is this?
Make sure you’re using the email address that is associated with your Verve Super account (this needs to be unique to you and cannot have been used to set up someone else’s Verve Super account). If there are any typos in the email address please contact us so that we can assist in updating your email address to the correct spelling.
2. I selected ‘forgot password’, but it is saying ‘a user with the specified credentials could not be found’, even though I’m a member? How do I log in?
In order to log-in, you need to complete the registration process.To do so go back to the login page and hit the register button again and go through the register process (even if you’ve logged into your account before). Members receive this error when they have not completed this process or logged in since the 6th November.
3. I wasn’t able to complete registering on my first attempt, and now when I try to re-register, it is showing the error ‘A user with the specified ID already exists. Please choose a different one’. Why can’t I continue?
You may have previously started the process to register but did not complete the final step. In order to continue, go back to the login page and enter your email and password, this will send you to the QR code page to start the set up of your multi-factor authentication.
4. I’m trying to log in, but my multi-factor authentication (MFA) verification codes or password aren’t working.
You can link your Verve Super account with any authenticator, but we can’t guarantee they’ll work as intended. For maximum compatibility, we recommend the Microsoft Authenticator app from the Google Play Store (for Android devices) or App Store (for iPhone and iOS devices).
If you’ve successfully set up your authenticator but your code isn’t being accepted, or you’ve reset your password but can’t log in, your browser may be trying to use outdated data.
To fix this, please clear your browser cache and try again.
The steps to clear your cache and cookies are different depending on the system and browser you’re using – see your browser’s support page for instructions. Common browsers include Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Other troubleshooting tips:
- The codes refresh every 30 seconds. If there’s only a few seconds left, wait for a new code.
- If your code still doesn’t work, check if your Verve Super log in is only saved to one authenticator application. Your details can be saved in more than one place – but only one set of codes will be synced with our website.
- If your authenticator app generates any codes longer than 6-digits, our log-in system won’t accept them.
5. What if I don’t want to/can’t download the authenticator app?
If you don’t want to or aren’t able to download an app on your phone, there are authenticator programs available as desktop programs (for your computer) or browser plug-ins (for computers, phones and tablets). Some password managers also have an authenticator built in. If you’re using an iPhone running iOS Version 15 or later, you can use your phone’s built in Passwords feature.
While we can’t recommend any other specific authenticator or password manager as best for your personal needs, many tech websites online provide articles comparing and reviewing options.
Still can’t log in?
Please contact our team if you aren’t able to log in after trying the steps above.
To help us solve your issue as quickly as possible, let us know which device/s you’re using and any error codes you receive.