When can I access my super?
Last updated on
Super is highly regulated and is intended to fund your retirement, so you can generally only access it once you have reached your preservation age and permanently retired from the workforce, or otherwise meet a specified condition of release.
Conditions of release include:
– Reaching age 65 (whether you’re working or retired);
– Leaving your employer after turning 60;
– Severe financial hardship
– Specific medical conditions
– Temporary residents leaving Australia
– Participation in the First Home Super Saver Scheme
For information about your preservation age and the conditions of release, see the Additional Information Booklet. You can also call 1300 799 482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information about accessing your super on the ATO’s website.